Saturday, August 14, 2010

Breakfast Casserole

When I was in middle school, I went to a really psycho place. Actually, it was pretty nice. But boy were they serious about their teacher appreciation days. One year, they assigned my mom to make a pan of this stuff in the teacher's lounge by a certain time ... I suppose I'm just so used to potluck that I feel like you just get what you get and why does the PTA need to be all controlling and crap, right? Well whatever. This used to be called "Kathy's Sausage Casserole." But I don't know Kathy, so who really cares if I cut that part out, right? It's not like she's got a copyright on it. Everyone makes this stuff.

BREAKFAST CASSEROLE

8 eggs, beaten
1 lb. bulk sausage, browned and drained
2 cups milk
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
1 tsp dry mustard
1-10 pieces of bread, cubed

Spray 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Combine bread cubes and cooked sausage, spread evenly in pan. Combine eggs, milk, and mustard. Stir in cheese. Pour over bread/sausage mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. IN the morning, bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes until top is browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment